Friday, July 27, 2012

Card Share & A Sneak Peek!

Hey hey!

Ugh... been awhile... Life sometimes gets all crazy on you... Anyways! I have a card to share... It was for the weekly challenge on My Scrap Room.  I LOVE Gina's challenges! This week we were supposed to use the sketch below along with a few other requirements: banners had to be of fabric, use brads on the sides of the sentiment, use patterned paper, and no flowers (*gasp!*)!
I actually followed the sketch really closely... but I love how it turned out!
I cut up a pair of my old denim jeans to use on the banners and to anchor my sentiment, and I swear I was hyperventilating as I cut 'em! I've never, ever used my old clothes on ANY of my projects before - I think I have this "save it" mentality with my things... the "I'll use it someday" thoughts just absolutely plague me! I get it from my parents... Yes, yes... I blame them... haha! I KNEW that I'd never be able to fit these once beloved pair of jeans again - children just seem to make your hips get bigger! They'd fit, just not close. Ugh. They were my favorites. :( So sad.

I digress.  My card.  I used my jeans. Because when I looked at the little pad of 6" x 6" Basic Grey "Out of Print" paper... I knew that denim would be a PERFECT fabric to use!  So I did it. I sacrificed my old, unusable, favorite jeans.  I used a sheet of patterned paper and faux pleated it on the bottom portion.  I love how that turned out! I punched a scallop edge from a pinkish scrap piece of paper and layered that on top of the faux pleats.  The black satin ribbon was actually dyed with my Tim Holtz Black Soot distress ink and then added to the mix!  I took a piece of my jeans, backed it with some cardstock and die cut the whole thing using the Tim Holtz Styled Labels die.  Layer on my sentiment from a Hero Arts set and... voila! Turned out pretty nice, I think...

Oh! And a sneak peek at a swap I'm doing.  My first EVER doing this kind of project...
I'm sending this out in the mail today. After I make a video about it. Yay! But I'm not going to post about this until it reaches my partner, Sonia, first. I just LOOVE how this turned out! I really wanted to keep it! But I'm so excited to see what Sonia made as well!

Anyways, I'll catch you later crafters!




No comments:

Post a Comment